The core of myastralprojectionguide: Interestingly, the core experience of astral projection, out of body experiences, sleep paralysis and wake induced lucid dreams are very similar.
It begins when you are half-asleep in bed. You may feel paralyzed. You are aware of lying in bed, yet there are some funny sensations going on.
As you dissociate from your body, you begin to feel as if you’re floating. Your mind shuts off awareness from your physical body. As long as you are awake, and your body falls asleep, you will naturally transfer your awareness to a more flexible replica body; a dream body.
You could describe this as a spirit or astral body. Or you could call it your lucid dream body. It’s all about perspective. But I’m quite sure this is not a real body.
To carry the perception that you are still paralyzed, or somehow stuck in your body in bed, will almost certainly create a frustrating experience. It may even become scary – especially if you start to dream that evil entities or astral spirits have entered the room. This is a true mark of sleep paralysis.
One you “separate” from your body in bed, you can explore the room, pass through walls and windows and even fly out into the night. It’s no wonder that this incredibly realistic experience is interpreted as a spiritual one.
Recently got a chance to browse the nearby bookstore. Aside from further affirming why I prefer amazon to brick and mortar bookshops, there was one other thing I noticed. Getting a chance to walk down the self-help aisle, I couldn’t help but feel my inner cynic trying to claw out.
I think one of the most damaging and pervasive myths of self-help is that of the epiphany. It is the myth that keeps self-help books outrageously popular and simultaneously keeps a lot of people from really making improvements in their lives. This is the myth that says all you need is just that one key idea, understanding or technique to overcome your problems.
What I noticed when I walked down that self-help aisle is that there is an increasing amount of books that seem to purport that all you need is their one great idea to make radical improvements in many areas of your life. The answer, it seems to be, is a better quality of ideas.
Now I can’t blame the self-help authors. They are just selling what people want to buy. But it does reveal an important problem. That problem is that many people are waiting for that sudden flash of insight that will quickly turn their fortunes and allow them to make rapid improvements in their entire life.
There are many myths about the potential risks or perils of the out-of-body experience – OBE or astral projection. It is indeed true that, throughout history, there has always been a stronger emphasis on the supposed risks of astral projection than on the benefits that could be obtained from it. Most of the time, these stories about the possible perils had a very clear objective: to scare people so that they wouldn’t develop this natural ability inherent to the nature of human beings, because fear is a barrier to their development.
These risks are, in general, encouraged by people who have had astral travels with very low levels of lucidity and without control. Therefore, the information provided by them is not very trustworthy, since most of the time their views are erroneous interpretations of unknown experiences based on beliefs or fabrications created by their own brain. In the next few lines we will outline some of the most widely advertised fears of the Astral Projection.
Be careful with Astral Projection, do you research and do not fear! You can not get hurt, but be careful and do your homework before doing anything. Believe in yourself and do not hesitate. Be vigilant!
- Clear your mind from fears and misdirections. You will need to debunk all the myths. Astral projection is safe, you will always return, and you cannot get lost. You cannot get possessed, trapped or lose your body; you always return, always, even if you do not want to:
- Read stuff about Astral Projection around this blog as well as other literature online as well as form books.
- Coaching sessions can always help if you are feeling stuck. This is one option: (click here.)
- Joining my Astral Projection course will give you complete access to a 5+ hours worth of video courses. It keeps on growing as I release new classes every now and then! Also, you will be able to ask me any questions that you may need help with. I invite you to check it out clicking right here.
- Silence your mind. You just need to learn to silence your mind entirely for several minutes. Takes dedication, but if you put in your will, it is easy:
- Using a post-it, train your mind’s parrot to shut up! Get started with starting a post-it and focusing all your throughs into it (paste it on a blank wall.) Once you can, remove the post it and keep a visual of it in your mind. Once you can, remove this only thought left from your mind, keeping a blank mind. Check it out in detail right here.
- Focus on your breathing. You do not need to focus on other than your breath. Help yourself with the previous exercise if focusing on your breathing alone is still hard. As you focus on your breathing, keep relaxing your body.
- Using mantras is also helpful. Easy short mantras for you to repeat in your mind, such as, “I astral project,” or, “I am in the astral plane.” Do this with your mind, do not chant it.
- It is important to get to know yourself, to get the most out of your inner peace. Check out how in this article.
- Relax your physical body completely. Well… pretty much you need to forget you have a body, so you need to go deeper into relaxation:
- Guided meditations can help you with that, and you can find some at my site as well. Check them out here.
- Practice the 61-point relaxation technique. I might talk about this in the future, but meanwhile, you can find a lot of stuff about it online.
- Focus on your feet, knees, lower legs. Upper legs, waist, lower belly area, lower back area, upper chest area, upper back area, hands, elbows, shoulders, neck, face, forehead, your entire head and right above your head (crown). Starting from the feet and going up in order (do pairs when it is the case, such as feet or hands), focus on each one of them. For each, take a deep breath, and as you let you the air, visualize this area getting deeply relaxed, or vanishing away.
- When you reach the vibrations, pull out. Once the three first steps are met, and you are in this state for a while, you will eventually vibrate. If you ignore these vibrations, you will go into a lucid dream but if you focus on them, and visualize floating… you are out! Use an exit technique to get out such:
- A hanging rope: Visualize a rope hanging right above you, reach it with your astral arms (imagine them if you cannot see them) and pull.
- Rolling out: Just visualize yourself rolling back and left, until you suddenly, have your astral body ejected from your physical body.
- Floating out: My favorite, just visualize the sensation of floating, more and more, feel it around your entire being, until you find yourself in the astral body!
We, here at myastralprojectionguide helped you on your way towards Astral Projection!